Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OK, OK....so it's been just over a year since I've updated this badboy, but after several friends suggested it (thank you nine999), I've decided to try this yet again. If anyone out there is reading this, drop me a line, I'd love to know!!!!

So, since my last entry of December 2007, a lot and nothing has changed in my life, LOL!!! I took last year off from competing and it was by far not only the hardest decision I've made in my life, but the best thing I could've done for myself. I spent the year attempting to live as a "normal" person does.....whatever "normal" is anyway!!! Here's what my year of introspection lead me to discover....I love competing. I missed it. I missed the structure, the challenge, the discipline...I'm a goal oriented gal, I need goals in my life to keep me moving forward in a positive direction. Maybe it was because for the first time in 8 years I didn't have a show to work towards, but I spent the entire year feeling as if I was floating around. This being said, I also learned that I need BALANCE in my life.....developing more of a social life and deepening friendships was an amazingly fullfilling experience and I saw how valuable it is to overall health. My promise to myself is that I will only ever get onstage again if I can maintain the balance. If it starts to falter, I will have to take a step back and re-evaluate my goals. Now that I've experienced a more fully balanced life, I vow to keep all aspects of my well-being as balanced as I can. We'll see how that goes!!!

Anyway, I can't divulge all the secrets of my life over the last year in one post, so I will save more for later.....and only if people are actually reading this!!! LOL!!!!

I'll also be keeping track of my diet and training here as I prep for the 2009 season...should make for some...ahem....entertaining reading!!!

xo, Jamie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

weird, I thought I would click on this today and see whats new. Been about a year since Ive been to the site also. I think I must have esp. haha.

B

Michelle said...

Jamie...I will be reading...LOL